KREATÍV MŰHELY - HOME EXTENSION
Room Divider workshop
28 October 10:00 - 16:00
- use of infrastructure
- wood preparation
- material costs
If the two of you work together on the furniture, the 2nd person only needs to pay 10.000 HUF.
for beginners and advanced woodworkers
PURPOSE OF THE WORKSHOP
Small flat? Studio apartment? It is a huge help in making a balanced home if you divide the different functions in the apartment. A well-chosen room divider not only functions as a good accessory but as a practical furniture. During the workshop you'll make a neutral, lighweight wooden room divider which perfectly fits into several kind of rooms.
While making the room divider, you'll learn about frame bindings, junctions, DIY tools, techniques and the basics of surface treatment with the experts of PPG Trilak. And last but not least: at the end you can take home a unique piece of hand-made furniture!
The room divider was designed by Ádám Tóth, a product designer student at Moholy-Nagy University of Art and Design. It is 190x175 cm.
WHAT WE OFFER
During the Furniture workshop you will:
- become familiar with a wood workshop
- learn to prepare the materials for an accurate and precise work
- learn to use basic woodworking tools
- learn everything about the designing and production proccess
YOU'LL LEARN TO USE
- Jigsaw, screw driver, drill
- Standing drill
- Router, creation of router jig
- Band-sander, oscillating-sander and excentered-sander
- The basics of surface treatment
TERMS OF APPLICATION
Participation requires anticipative registration and prepayment of the fee. The organization of the course requires a certain amount of applicants.